Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Momma's and Baby Daddy's



I have come to realize something over the past few weeks, nay, the past few months. A growing...dare i say epidemic. Something that has, for the most part, engulfed the entire area in which i live. And my lovely snowflakes, the problem is sex. Teen sex at that.

Now, I know that today's society is more progressive than in past, its much more progressive. And with that, a number of new problems, like with any shift in the typical social ideal, was inevitably going to arise. And the main  problem i feel has arisen, is the glorification and just mainstream of sex. Now, DO NOT get me wrong, I love sex as much as any other person. But I also grew up with family and support that help me understand every single negative that goes along with the one positive. But somewhere in the past 10 years, a shift has happened. Now the message just is not getting through. I am just a few years removed from high school, but I still like to think i have the beat on things. Now when i was in 8th grade, just 7 years ago, i can remember how things were. Most of us were worried about our soccer match, or selling our old Pokemon cards to the unsuspecting 6th graders who did not know better. We all had hit puberty, but sex in 8th grade seemed only a dream. I went to a decent sized school, and you could count on a hand or two, the people having sex. The number was around maybe 5% were having sex. Mostly it was girls who got scammed by dreams of love to a boy in 9th grade. Sad, but it did happen then.

Fast forward 7 years now. I would honestly now say, that 5% number of girls having sex in 8th grade, has jumped to at least 20%. I would bet even higher. Go to 9th grade, i bet the number jumps to at least 35%, easy. And none of these kids should be coming anywhere near sex. I only wish that the sex was the problem.

These kids, who have sex at 12 or 13, have no clue whatsoever about fully what should go into having sex. And by the time they reach 16 or 17, they have been having sex on average as much as a mid 20's person would have 15 years prior. And no 16 year old kid has ANYWHERE near the mental capacity as they would  10 years down the road at 26. And with that "blissful ignorance," comes a sort of "god complex" with these kids. They think their isn't a chance they can catch a STD's. No chance they can get a girl pregnant. But they are. They are catching STD's, alot. They are getting pregnant, at a alarming rate. It blows my mind to go on my facebook and search for old friends from Fernandina and friends from Yulee. The amount of these people who have had kids by 18 or 19, BLOWING MY FUCKING MIND.

Now, im not trying to start some grass-roots movement to stop 15 year old kids from having sex. Im not a moron. I was 15 once. Sex dominates 90% of your day. From 13 on, it dominates your life. No, what i want, is for these kids to use the "big head" before using the "little head."

First for the guys. Guys, i know at 15/16/17, you may not have a car, or a job, or any of it. And possibly may be hard to find a place to buy condoms or even get the money to buy them. And I do not care. You go get you some condoms. If you have to go dig cans out and recycle them, you do it. Go to the health center where-ever you are. Most places will hand you a brown bag FULL OF CONDOMS. I know, I've done it and I've seen it done. Are they fullproof? No. but 99% or 98% sure beats trying to pull out 2 seconds before. We all know you wont do it.

Ladies, going to be mean, but its kinda more your fault then it is the guys. When it comes to sex, we shut down. We lose all complex thinking ability. In sex, you control all the cards. You control everything. You need to make sure we wear a condom, that we are clean. Everything. Because when it comes to getting sex, we will lie until we are blue in the face. And i know asking Mom to go on birth control is tough. But there is one line that i think is a great one to use. If she says no, just respond with something like this. "Mom, i'm going to have sex either way. Now, you can do the responsible thing and i will respect you for it. Or, you can act like i'm still your "precious angel", and you can help me raise your grandchild while i get my GED." Simple as that.

In closing, I hope I have shown a little light on this growing problem. I don't want to stop the sex, i want to stop the girls and guys who are having to throw their 20's and 30's away because they are now mothers and fathers before them themselves are out of high school. Use protection, be smart, use your mind. No condom, no sex. Simple as that. That happens, this goes away.

No comments: